The fastest way to improve is to practice the most you can so, when you’re not on the lessons, feel free to rent the equipment and go practice by yourself.
If you’re not sure where to go, we will help you choose the best location according to the conditions of that day and your surfing skills. Never forget that safety is the priority, if you have any questions or if you’re not feeling super confident, please let us know before you go out by yourself, we will be super happy to help you!
We have different board types and shapes (soft tops and hardboards), let us know what you’re looking for.
What types of surfboards are available for rental?
Can I rent equipment from your surf school?
What sizes of wetsuits do you have available?
Is there a discount for long-term equipment rentals?
Do you provide wax and leashes with the surfboard rentals?
Can I reserve equipment in advance?
Equipment Usage and Care
• Always wear appropriate safety gear, including a leash and a well-fitting, properly fastened wetsuit.
• Before entering the water, assess the surf conditions, including wave size, currents, and hazards.
• Be mindful of other surfers and water users, maintaining a safe distance to prevent collisions.
• Learn and follow proper surf etiquette, respecting the lineup and giving right of way to other surfers.
• Avoid surfing alone and consider having a buddy system for added safety.
• If you are a beginner or unfamiliar with a surf spot, seek guidance from our surf school instructors or experienced surfers.
Softboard Usage and Care:
• Softboards are recommended for beginners due to their forgiving nature and increased safety.
• Choose an appropriate softboard size and shape based on your weight, skill level, and the surf conditions.
• Handle softboards with care to avoid dings or damage, both in and out of the water.
• Avoid placing excessive pressure on the board's nose or tail to prevent bending or delamination.
• Rinse the softboard with freshwater after each use to remove saltwater and sand, and store it in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
Hardboard Usage and Care:
• Hardboards, such as fiberglass or epoxy surfboards, require more skill and experience to handle properly.
• Choose a hardboard that suits your skill level, wave conditions, and personal preferences.
• Avoid using hardboards beyond your skill level, as they can be more prone to damage and injuries.
• After each surf session, rinse the hardboard with freshwater to remove salt and sand, and store it in a secure place to prevent damage.
Surfskate Usage and Care:
• Surfskates simulate the feeling of surfing on land and require proper technique and balance. Start on a flat, smooth surface with ample space and avoid crowded areas or busy streets.
• Practice surfskating in areas with minimal vehicle or pedestrian traffic to ensure safety.
• Avoid exposing your surfskate to water, such as rain or submerging it in water, as it can lead to damage or rusting of metal components.
• If your surfskate gets wet, thoroughly dry it with a towel or allow it to air dry before storage to prevent moisture-related issues.
• Wet or damp feet can introduce moisture to the grip tape, causing it to deteriorate over time. Try to keep your feet as dry as possible while surfskating.
• Sand can act as an abrasive substance, potentially damaging the surfskate's components.
• Avoid riding the surfskate in sandy areas, and if sand gets on the board, promptly clean it off using a brush or cloth.
• Rinse your wetsuit with freshwater after each use to remove salt, sand, and any other impurities.
• Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight, as it can cause the neoprene material to deteriorate.
• Hang your wetsuit on a wide, padded hanger to maintain its shape and prevent stretching.
• Store the wetsuit in a cool, dry place, away from heat sources and excessive humidity.
• Avoid contact with sharp objects (including long nails), abrasive surfaces, or chemicals that may damage the wetsuit's material.
• Rentals Renters must be at least 18 years old or accompanied by a legal guardian.
• A valid identification card or passport is required for all rentals.
• Renters must sign a liability waiver before renting any equipment.
Reservation and Rental Duration:
• Reservations can be made in advance to ensure availability.
• Rental duration starts at the designated pick-up time and ends at the scheduled return time.
• Late returns may incur additional charges.
Equipment Condition and Care:
• Renters are responsible for inspecting the equipment before use and notifying the staff of any existing damages or issues.
• The rented equipment must be returned in the same condition as received, except for normal wear and tear.
• Renters will be held liable for any damages, loss, or theft of the rented equipment.
Rental Fees and Payment:
• Rental fees are charged as specified in the rental agreement.
• Payment is due at the time of pick-up and can be made in cash or by a valid credit card.
• Additional charges may apply for late returns, damages, or any other applicable fees.
Cancellations and Refunds:
• Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund.
• No refunds will be provided for cancellations made less than 24 hours before the scheduled pick-up time.
Safety and Compliance:
• Renters must adhere to all safety instructions provided by the surf school staff.
• The rented equipment should only be used within the renter's skill level.
Liability and Insurance:
• Renters assume full responsibility for their actions and any associated risks while using the rented equipment.
• The surf school is not liable for any injuries, accidents, or damages that occur during the rental period.
• Renters are encouraged to have their own insurance coverage for personal liability and equipment damage.
Lost or Stolen Equipment:
• In case of lost or stolen equipment, renters will be responsible for the replacement or repair costs at current market value.
• Renters should report any lost or stolen equipment immediately to the surf school staff.
• By renting the surfboard, wetsuits, and surfskate from our surf school, renters acknowledge and agree to abide by the rental policy outlined above.
• The policy aims to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all renters while protecting the integrity of the rented equipment.